Hi Rick...

You're right .. these "default" values that you can define in the EDD,
are not as useful as one might hope. They aren't exported to XML and
they don't seem to have much purpose. However, the FDK (and I believe
the EDD itself) can read the default as a value. So a plugin or
structured application may be set up to process all widget elements with
the "enabled" attribute set to "on" .. if "on" is the "default", those
elements would be processed if the "enabled" attribute has the explicit
value of "on" or has no value (<no value>).

It would be nice if there was some read/write rule that allowed you to
enable the exporting of "default" values, of some way to make them more
real ..

Oh well.

...scott

Scott Prentice