John Posada wrote:

> How much work? You add it, it's done. Its thr same amount of
> work as regenerating it

I'm with John; I don't even understand how you "start recreating" the
files without finishing. When you select Add TOC, the Set Up dialog box
already has the settings you used last (pgfs to include, create
hyperlinks setting). So you select Add TOC, click Set, and, badabing,
you've got a TOC. Import formats from your template and you're done.

Also, the generated list names don't have to match the book name (e.g.,
booknameTOC.fm). I rename my generated list files all the time (in FM,
from the book window). I suspect J. Paul "broke" the connection by
renaming the book in the file system instead of in FM.

If you make your name changes -- to either the book or the generated
files -- in FM, nothing breaks. Of course, when you change file names in
the book window, you do have to put up with FM's multiple confirmation
dialogs. And occasionally, one of the files in the book will decide to
move from its current location to the end of the book...

Richard

------
Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer