At 5:53 pm +0100 29/11/05, David ARNOULT - Marketing Operations wrote:

>I have a book with several documents in it: how can I say to the different
>documents that for instance one of my paragraph style has changed and make it
>synchronized in all the documents at once? Is master pages techniques involved
>with that issue?
>
>What I do is importing format in each document by hand from the document that
>contains the updated paragraphs...

That is the way you do it, except that it's quicker to do all chapters at a
time by selecting them in the book window and importing from there. FrameMaker
does not have the automatic template synchronization of, say,
Interleaf/Quicksilver.

If you want to update *just one* paragraph format across a book, save a dummy
copy of a chapter containing the new paragraph definition, delete all other
paragraph definitions, then import (the sole) paragraph definition from the
dummy copy across the book.

Silicon Prairie's Paragraph Tools plug-in adds commands that make paragraph tag
management a lot more powerful: there's a matching Character Tools plug-in for
character tags. <http://www.siliconprairiesoftware.com/Products.html> (No
commercial interest, just a satisfied customer.)
--
Steve