At 09:50 AM 3/31/2006, Terry Badger wrote:
>Is there a way to push the auto numbers ing
>information generated in FM into the xml file?
>I don't see any variables to grab and put into an xml
>attribute.

Terry,
   Not without using an automation tool (such as the FDK, FrameScript, or
XSLT). Autonumbers are an artifact of formatting and as such are not
represented in XML.
   Are you only exporting XML or do you want to import it as well? If so,
if you write the autonumbers to XML, you'll need to decide what to do with
that information when you read the document back into FM. Discard it?
Display it instead of autonumbers? If the latter, what happens when you
open the XML document back in FrameMaker? Do you drop it or use it instead
of autonumbers? Is it acceptable for the result of round-tripping to be
different than the original FrameMaker document? And, if you display the
original autonumbers, what happens if you edit the document in a way that
would change the autonumbers?
         --Lynne

Lynne A. Price
Text Structure Consulting, Inc.
Specializing in structured FrameMaker consulting, application development,
and training
lprice at txstruct.com            http://www.txstruct.com
voice/fax: (510) 583-1505      cell phone: (510) 421-2284