Hi Guys,

   I'm having a strange problem that my IT guys tells me is due to a bad
interaction between Windows, FrameMaker and RoboHelp. I?m wondering if any of
you has seen this and if so, what you've done to correct it.

   To make a long story short, my Windows Explorer folders are becoming
corrupted and crashing FrameMaker when I try to import images by reference.
Things generally go okay for a while until I spend a fair amount of time
importing several different images. Then all-of-a-sudden, the image folder will
decide it just doesn't want to work with FrameMaker any more and it begins
crashing (both Explorer windows AND FrameMaker) every time I try to import an
image.

   If I physically move that folder elsewhere, like my desktop for example, it
begins working again. But then I've broken all other reference links and I have
to start over, which makes this solution unworkable.

   To date, the only workaround I can come up with is to move the image folder
to the desktop, copy the new images in, then move the folder back to its usual
spot for archival purposes, should I ever solve this vexing problem.

   My IT guys blames this on RoboHelp and says FrameMaker, Windows Explorer and
RoboHelp don't play nicely together. But I don?t' really believe him. My
installation of RoboHelp is working just fine - no problems with it at all -
just FrameMaker and Explorer.

  Any thoughts? Suggestions?

  I'm on FrameMaker 7.1 with RoboHelp X5.0.1 and Windows XP Professional
version 2002, Service Pack 2.

Karyn