On Thu, 3 Aug 2006, Murray Moore wrote:

> I can not delete the cause in the fm files that is the source of the

This is very peculiar... has to be an explanation somewhere! :)

Are you by chance pulling your files across a network? Perhaps stale or
out-of-sync files are being moved around. (Many of the old network/FM
problems of the past have been solved by better network sw in recent
years, but one never knows when something might perhaps be out of
adjustment or broken.)

If you'd like to send us a sample file I'll take a look at this B-grade
SciFi/horror movie of the marker that won't go away. After nearly 2
decades of working with MIF have never heard of anything like this (other
than file sync issues). What you describe has gotten me rather curious.

If you elect to do this, send the original problematic binary file, not
the MIF version you created.

Thanks,

Frank

Frank Stearns Associates | makers of IXgen(tm) for FrameMaker(r)
franks at fsatools.com <mailto:franks at fsatools.com>
TOLL FREE Voice (USA and Canada):  800-567-6421
USA Voice: 360-892-3970  USA FAX: 360-253-1498
http://www.fsatools.com