I recently found out that, when importing graphics files, there's a
limit to their dimensions. In my case, I had an EPS of a drawing of A3
size (about 42 x 29 cm), which I'd scaled in FM to just over 200%,
cropping out a small portion of the drawing (maybe 10x10 cm, so the
cropped drawing easily fits on my A4 page).
The drawing would show up in Frame, but not in the PDF export. Reducing
the scale factor to 180% solved the problem.

Apparently, FM cares about the size of the imported drawing, even if you
only see the cropped portion in the output. Has anyone else come across
this?

Harro de Jong