My problems were:
* A ghost text entry
* Page numbers displaying under the Symbols heading, e.g. 8, 14, 22, 65, 68, 100

The ghost text entry disappeared in the course of deleting the page numbers.

The cause of the superfluous page numbers was inconsistent styles of index 
markers.

In my index, columns and buttons appear twice.

Before I updated the index, the index markers were this style:

button: name of button: name of window; button name: name of window

To make these entries easier for me to read and edit in the tiny index marker 
window, I changed:

button: name of button: name of window; button name: name of window

to:

button: name of button: name of window;
button name: name of window

The cause of the display of the orphan page numbers under Symbols is that I did 
not change every index entry. One style of marker was followed by the other 
style of marker, like this:

button: name of button: name of window; button name: name of window

button: name of button: name of window;
button name: name of window

Using Ctrl + Alt and click, I returned every index marker of this style:

button: name of button: name of window;
button name: name of window

to this style:

button: name of button: name of window; button name: name of window

And FrameMaker was no longer confused.

/\/\
Murray
Mississauga

Reply via email to