Rebecca,

I'm not sure what you are trying to say.

The quality with which the image displays in FrameMaker only matters if
FrameMaker is the deliverable.

FrameMaker does not display the EPS vector but displays a low-res preview
image, a TIFF. The person who creates the EPS decides what the preview image
is (8-bit TIFF, for example).

EPS vectors cannot be printed from a non-PostScript printer. If you try to
do so, only the preview image prints.

A PDF is created using a bonafide PostScript printer (if you use Adobe
software and unless you use some cheap PDF creation utility). So, any EPS
printed to PDF will print fine from anywhere, including a print vendor,
non-PostScript printer, etc. Such a PDF also displays well, even in
FrameMaker.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
> Rebecca Downey  -- rdowney at matrox.com
> Matrox Imaging  -- Technical Writer

> or visit
> http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/techwordsmith%40gmail.com
>
> Send administrative questions to lisa at frameusers.com. Visit

T.

STC-Connecticut Chapter Fall Kickoff "Elis on Whitney," Hamden CT, September
30 6pm
http://www.stc-ct.org