Hi there! Anybody have a fix for broken OLEs, or have any idea what's causing the problem? When I right-click the Visio image in .fm, it apparently recognizes it as a "Visio Object", but selecting Edit or Open results in the dreaded "Cannot invoke OLE server" dialog.
I tried Edit>Links but options in the Edit>Links dialog are grayed-out darn it (they're also grayed-out in the original .fm, whose OLE2s do work -- I'm seeking an easy solution vs. re-importing, copy/pasting from the working .fm, etc. I've got a lot of files to process). In the broken-OLE2 .fm, Object Properties do indicate OLE2 -- I'm hoping the OLE2s are actually there and (given a miracle solution) launchable. I tried Edit>Update References (OLE Links Marked for Manual Update), producing no errors. FYI the Visio images were originally imported (File>Import>Object>Create from file, "Link" UNchecked) w/the intention of fully embedding -- NOT linking by reference. The files aren't on a network drive, but get checked out of Documentum by various users. My guess is that there's a subtle problem such as Visio version incompatibility (e.g., a user w/a previous version of Visio opened the .fm, modified the .vsd, saved, causing a disconnect of some type). Advice welcome :) FrameMaker v7.1 Visio Pro 2003 SPS 2