Hi!
I am having a problem with conditional text, cross-references, and a file
shared between two books.
I have two books, Book A and Book B. Each book is in a separate directory and
has several files saved in the same directory as the book file.
One file (File S) (saved in the same directory as Book A) is used in both books
and has cross-references to both books.
When File S appears in Book A, all cross-references to Book B are hidden using
conditional text.
When File S appears in Book B, all cross-references to Book A are hidden using
conditional text.
This appears to work fine when the books are in their original environment.

Here's my problem:
I had to send someone all the source files for Book A. They will be doing some
work on the book and sending back the files. They do not need Book B.
I sent them Book A and all its files.
All conditions have to be shown while writing, but are hidden when generating
the book. Cross-references to files that do not exist in the current book do
not appear!
When they generate Book A in its new location, they get messages for unresolved
cross-references to Book B.
Book A, in its new location, is also looking for graphics that are hidden and
therefore not sent with the source files for Book A.

Why does this happen and what can I do?
Thanks for any solutions or advice!

Anita Burstein
Technical Documentation, Product Marketing
NICE Systems Ltd., Israel
(T) (09) 775 3794
(F) (09) 775 3353
Anita.Burstein at nice.com