Hello Framers,

I'm sure most users of Frame 7.2 will have noticed the extended program
startup time, compared with Frame 7.0 and earlier versions.

It seems that the cause of this is the wide range of private fonts
installed with Frame 7.2. These are installed in fminit\fonts\adobe and
appear to be loaded during program startup.

As I do not use any of the private fonts, I tried removing some of these
fonts and, hey presto, startup time is reduced to just a few seconds.

For your information, I removed the following fonts:
- Japanese (Heisei* and Koz*)
- Chinese and Korean (AdobeMingStd, AdobeMyungjoStd-Medium and
AdobeSongStd-Light)
- Symbol (AdobePiStd and SymbolStd)

I also removed the .lst file - a new one was automatically created when
I started Frame.

I left the Western fonts such as Garamond, Minion and Myriad as I may
actually use these.

I hope this is useful to some framers,

Phil Heron
Technical Writer - CODA

Using spreadsheets for group consolidation and reporting?
Report faster and eliminate spreadsheet errors with CODA's consolidation
system, OCRA. Click here for more

The information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged.
It may not be disclosed to, or used by, anyone other than the addressee. If you
receive this message in error, please advise us immediately.

Internet emails are not necessarily secure. CODA does not accept responsibility
for changes to any email which occur after the email has been sent. Attachments
to this email may contain software viruses, which could damage your systems.
CODA has checked the attachments for viruses before sending, but you should
virus-check them before opening