Hi all:

I've just finished the first solid draft of our FrameDITA-lite application for
use with FrameMaker and DITA. It is built to work with Frame 7.2, but the bulk
of it should also work with 7.0 and 7.1.

It's not the most stunning tool ever, but it is a pretty solid XML and
FrameMaker utility that has about 40 pages of documentation that walks you
through installation, tutorials, testing and more.

It may be something that a single writer can consider as a solid starting point
for single sourcing. The price on it is perfect for the lone writer (or the
mega corporation) as it's free. I'm giving it away.

With this application and some very cool (and affordable) tools by West Street
Consulting (http://www.weststreetconsulting.com) a lot of the ideas for single
sourcing are addressed that can help the smaller company as well as the
largest. It allows for granular reuse of paragraphs, sections, topics, tasks
and so on. It also provides the ability to export to DITA compliant XML. The
formatting and layout can be tweaked with relative ease if you know FrameMaker
and the EDD environment. If not, I also provide some online support and
consulting on it.

I've sent the file to a few people on the various lists already and will
continue to do so over the weekend, but if you are interested in being a part
of the beta team to test it, please let me know.

My goal is to have this ready for general use before the big DITA conference
this month (http://conf.travelthepath.com if you are interested in more info)
so that I can show it to anyone who asks while we are there.

Again, if you are interested in beta testing, please email me off list and let
me know. I'd love to have input on this and get it solid enough that everyone
can take advantage of a working file set for use with FrameMaker and DITA.

Thanks,

Bernard

Bernard Aschwanden
Publishing Technologies Expert