Hi,
I am now working in FrameMaker 7.0, but this problem occurred,
sporadically, when we had older versions. I know it happens with our long
user guides (300-400 pages, 15-20 chapters), but it may also happen in
shorter documents.

When I shrinkwrap the equations, everything looks nice. And of course I
save the file. Sometimes, when I open the book again and look at the
equations, some part is - not in any consistent way, though often the
left-most character - cut off. So I shrink-wrap it again and save the file.
This can go on in an endless circle. It doesn't happen all the time, but
sometimes we have even printed user guides with part of an equation cut off
because we did not check every equation every time in the pdf file. I have
searched everywhere I could for some sort of explanation of what is going
on, but I haven't found any. (Maybe I don't know what to call the problem.)

I know there are a lot of people on this list who are much more experienced
than I am - do you know what is happening and how I can prevent it?

(For the record - a few inherited equations in the book were not written
using the equations palette, but the ones I have made are done this way.
The problem occurs with both types.)

Thanks in advance for any guidance,

Gevene Hertz
Technical Writer