I'm posting this for someone who asked me if were interested.  Well, Seattle
is a nice place, but it's a reeaaly long commute from San Jose.

Diane

----

Sr. Technical Writer

RESPONSIBILITIES:

Come play a leading role in the growth of our client's Internet Group and
online and wireless division. Our client consists of many of the Web's most
popular sites and service. Our client provides a leading Internet web guide,
e-commerce, Internet services, and the Best Content on the Web!!

POSITION SUMMARY

As a Contract Sr. Technical Writer you will be extensively involved in the
documentation of the broadband media platform, content protection and
content management systems for our client's online properties. Reporting to
the Engineering Manager for Media Platforms, the Sr. Technical Writer will
be responsible for developing technical SDK/API documentation and developer
guides from code analysis, specifications, and interviews with developers
and members of the technical staff. You will write and validate simple
example code written in Java. In addition, you will also develop
documentation and user guides for several Application User Interfaces (both
Web-based and native Win32 clients).

You will be responsible for creating documentation for:

* Platform Developers Guide: Explains the overall framework of our client's
Media Platform API/SDKs and Content Protection systems with practical
guidelines and sample code that show how to perform common programming tasks
within the frameworks.

* Reference Help: Describes SDK/API components and relationships

* User Interface Documentation & User Guides: Describes the various user
interfaces for internal tools relating to Media & Content Management and
Content Protection.

* Programming Tutorial: Describes a typical Digital Product application
development process through illustrative sample applications.

* Sample Applications: Assist with the documentation and development of
sample applications in Java

QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION

* Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Technical Writing or
related fields/experience

* 5+ years of experience as a technical writer in the software industry

* At least 3 years experience as an SDK/API writer; at least 2 years
developing Application User Interface documentation

* Ability to read and understand Java and/or JSP code; ability to write
simple Java/JSP code examples.

* Experience developing documentation for both print and online delivery

* Expertise with authoring tools, such as Dreamweaver / Adobe PDF, RoboHelp
etc.

* Excellent writing and editing skills; Excellent communication and
interpersonal skills

* Proven as a self-starter who is effective in a team environment.

* Ability to adapt to and learn new technologies quickly.

* Ability to work independently, interview multiple parties, extract
information and    develop documentation which will best suit the needs of
our customers.

* Ability to synthesize multiple points of feedback into consolidated
documented forms.

SPECIFIC SKILLS REQUIRED

* Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Technical Writing or
related fields/experience

* Proven experience using tools such as Microsoft Office Suite, RoboHelp,
Dreamweaver, Photoshop etc.

* Artistic skills and creative experience are plus.

Greg Browning
Vice President
StarTechnical, Inc.
206-505-7924 x222 | 800-807-7209