All very good suggestions. One thing comes into mind though. I have a
very good experience with Dual Processor PC. Comes in handy when
PDF-ing large documents. It will only clog one processor, so you have
the other free for doing other stuff in the meantime.

Also: Two screens are almost a necessity. They will soon enough save a
lot of time. Especially when using Structured FM.

My gear is:

Dell Precision 450 with a CD-reader and a CD/DVD-writer, and 2 HDs,
dual screen graphics card.
Epson Perfection 3170 Photo scanner
DELL Trinitron 21" screen
DELL 17" LCD screen.

All at least 2 years old but working perfectly. So anything on this
level and better is good.

HTH

Bodvar