Jon --

It may be the article setting. Does the cursor change to a hand with something
that looks like an I-beam cursor inside it? Then when you click and the page
zooms in a bit, does the hand now contain a downward-pointing arrow? And every
time you click, the page moves in some way?

If so, what it's doing is zooming to an article. I believe this setting is
supposed to make it easier to read documents like a newsletter with articles
that jump around each other and from one page to another. You click on an
article, the page zooms in to show you that single article, and then each time
you click, it takes you to the next instance of that same article.

To turn it off in any PDF you're reading, I suggest you pull up the help
(sorry!) and do a search for "article". I suspect the instructions will be
different between Acrobat and Reader and between version of both. In Acrobat V
7; select the article tool (it's a curvy arrow), select View > Navigation Tabs
> Articles, select any article that is in the list, and delete it.

You can also turn off that setting in Frame when you print a PS.

---
To turn it off when you print a PS in Frame:

In the Print Document window, select Generate Acrobat Data.

Click the PDF Setup button.

On the Bookmarks tab, de-select the Articles checkbox. (You can see it has two
---

I think the default PDF Setup has it turned on, so I try to always remember to
look at it and make sure it's off. I have a handful of things I always
check/fix when I make PDFs.

If the problem is something else entirely, I have no solution. :^)

Good luck,
Melanie