From: framers-bounces+david.spreadbury=tellabs....@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-bounces+david.spreadbury=tellabs.com at lists.frameusers.co
m] On Behalf Of Jim Light
Sent: Monday, May 08, 2006 12:34 PM
To: List, Framers
Subject: RE: Conversion Insets to SFM

Follow up?

All my insets are currently unstructured FrameMaker files. The
conversion would leave them as structured FrameMaker files, I suppose.
If so, that means that when I export the container file as XML all the
insets would be included within the XML.

TO get separate XML files on export, then after I convert all the insets
and container files to SFM, I need to export all the insets to XML and
then open the container files and redo each inset specifying the XML
file instead of the FM file. Then when I export the container file as
XML, all the XML insets remain separate XML files. Is that right?

So in terms of the "Source-code control" aspects of a content management
system, which files are the source files, the FM files or the XML files?
You can easily make either one from the other. Does it matter?

Thanks

Jim