Hedley Finger wrote:

> Occasionally a chapter file ends on a right page
> (odd-numbered). Because the pagination is set to even number
> of pages, the default Left master is applied to the final
> left page (even-numbered) of the chapter.  We would like to
> apply a special master page devoid of running heads and feet,
> except for the page number.

Uh oh, we're getting perilously close to an "intentionally left blank"
thread. Dan Emory, I promise to restrain myself if you will, too! ;-)

Hedley, someone once suggested a bass-ackwards way to do it with master
page mapping. Specify a custom left master page invoked by the presence
of any pgf format. Set up the default Left page the way you want the
final left page to look. If there is no pgf on the page to trigger the
custom master page, FM will use the default.

I haven't used master page mapping at all, so I can't vouch for the
process, but it sounds like it should work. Whether it's more or less
fussy than using MasterPage Tools or a FrameScript, I can't say. They
all sound too fussy for my tastes, so my empty left pages use the same
master page as the non-empty ones. :-)

HTH!
Richard

------