From: framers-bounces+david.spreadbury=tellabs....@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-bounces+david.spreadbury=tellabs.com at lists.frameusers.co
m] On Behalf Of Scott White
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2006 1:16 PM
To: Gillian Flato
Cc: Framers
Subject: Re: Getting the Euro Symbol in Frame

Thanks Gillian but that is not it.
When we import the raw tab file into frame it is converting the euro
symbol
in the file to the A with the two dots over it. If we import the dollar
symbol it displays just fine in Frame.
--
Scott White
Media Production Manager
swhite at alamark.com

> From: Gillian Flato <gflato at nanometrics.com>
> Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 11:13:13 -0700
> To: Scott White <swhite at alamark.com>, Framers <framers at FrameUsers.com>
> Subject: RE: Getting the Euro Symbol in Frame
>
> Hit  Alt+0128 for the Euro symbol.
>

> Thank you,
>

> Gillian Flato
> Technical Writer (Software)
On
> Behalf Of Scott White
> Sent: Friday, September 08, 2006 11:05 AM
> To: Framers
> Subject: Getting the Euro Symbol in Frame
>
> Folks
> I have a client in Ireland who wants the Euro symbol to show up in
their
> pricing. So it should look like (Euro symbol)Price. The problem is
when
> we
> import the tab file from our filemaker database into Frame it changes
> the
> Euro symbol to a (Latin Captial Letter A with Diaeresis or the Captial
> with two dots over the top of it)Price.
> Is there a way to get a paragraph tag to convert the "A with two dots"
> to a
> euro symbol automatically? Is there a different code we should be
using
> in
> the tab file to tell frame to understand this character as a Euro
> symbol?
>
> I can add the euro symbol to a paragraph tag but I get the (Euro
> symbol)(Latin Captial Letter A with Diaeresis or the Captial A with
two
> dots
> over the top of it) then the price.
>
> I know you can globally replace the symbol(s) with edit and change,
but
> the
> client doesn't want to do that.
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Windows, Frame 7.2. Mac, OS 10 Tiger.
>
> --
> Scott White
> Media Production Manager
> Implentation Coordinator
> AlaMark Technologies
> 210-704-8239
> swhite at alamark.com

and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee
or agent responsible for delivering this message to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reproduction,
dissemination or distribution of this communication is strictly
please notify us immediately by replying to the message and
deleting it from your computer. Thank you. Tellabs