From: Combs, Richard [mailto:richard.co...@polycom.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2007 10:30 AM
To: Kelly McDaniel; Linda G. Gallagher; Framers
Subject: RE: FM weirdness

Kelly McDaniel wrote:

> Linda,
>
> Thanks, no, I haven't changed emphasis nor deleted it. It's
> still in the catalog...Kelly.

Format names (among other things) are case-sensitive in FM, so
"emphasis" and "Emphasis" are two different character formats. FM's
default character catalog (what you get when you create a new "Blank
Paper" document) includes "Emphasis."

Your example ("To learn how to configure these views, see
<emphasis>Configuring Views, on page 189.") does indeed look like a
non-existent character format is specified in the cross-reference
definition, as Linda suggested. Maybe your character catalog includes
"Emphasis," but not "emphasis."

HTH!
Richard

------