From: owner-framers at omsys.com [mailto:owner-fram...@omsys.com] On Behalf Of
Elks, Loren
Sent: Friday, February 02, 2007 8:10 AM
To: framers at lists.frameusers.com; framers at omsys.com
Subject: Harvesting and Comparing Screenshots for use in FM

Hi:

We are a software company.  Our product (Dialogue) is very expansive with lots
of menus, dialog boxes, etc in the GUI.  We use unstructured FM 7.2.

Every time we have a new release, undoubtedly some (or many) of the software's
menus and dialog boxes change due to enhancements.  This requires us to
identify these changes (somehow) and re-do any screenshots in our documentation
and training materials.

Is anyone aware of a tool that can go through an application and harvest
screenshots of all menus and dialog boxes?  Then, would it be able to compare
screenshots of the last version to indicate where changes have occurred on the
GUI?

Any suggestions or resources would be appreciated.

Loren Elks
Information Developer
Exstream Software
lelks at exstream.com
www.exstream.com

Carpe Nunc
"Seizing the Moment" - Think about it ... the only real guarantee that we have
is that we are alive at this very moment.? Period ... that's it.? Now, with
that truth in mind, does it make sense to worry about the future -- or the
past?? Isn't it reasonable to accept that if we take care of each moment as it
comes, all of the following moments will take care of themselves??