> Since we have been discussing localization, I thought there might be
> some interest in this information.  This is one of the reasons I
> like this vendor.  They provide a lot of free education.  I recently
> attended an all day seminar on content management that was hosted by
> this vendor.

Education along the lines of "XML authoring strategies - also commonly
referred to as 'single sourcing'..." and "XML authoring - or single
sourcing..." would want to be free.

For one thing, single sourcing is a data management strategy that
predates XML by decades at the very least. For another, single sourcing
is just one particular strategy - not the only one and not even the best
one in all cases. The statements above are comparable to saying "Writing
- also commonly known as Haiku creation...".

As far as trying to sell a distinction between "XML" and "Global XML",
whew - where do I start...?

> Unfortunately, I can send only plain text to this list and some of
> the links feom the HTML message I received  are missing, but you can
> download the white paper from the SDL website at the link below.

In order to download the paper I had to provide information that I
prefer not to hand out too freely, only to find that the title of the
author of the paper is the "Senior Product Marketing Manager". If you're
looking for substance, your search may not be over.

Marcus