Angela Akridge wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I still can't figure out how to get BookName variable into my xrefs. I
> tried
> Zoe's solution: I inserted the variable into a text frame, then applied a
> BookTitle para tag. The xref will not display the book name. Here's a
> screen
> shot:
>
> http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y132/aakridge/BookName.png
>
> To begin with, I'm not really sure why I need to put the variable in a text
> frame. I really don't understand how Frame thinks. Do you have any insight,
> or do you know if this topic is covered in Frame documentation?

Hi Angela,

I haven't seen your or Zoe's previous posts on this topic, so I may be
off base.

I think the problem lies in your xref format where you've put the
variable name "BookName" in the square brackets rather than the
paragraph tag name, "BookTitle".  See the Help topic, Examples of
cross-reference formats -- the last row in the table and the
explanations below should help.

Frame is looking for [pgftag], not [variable].

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

"Developers explain How the Product Works.
Technical writers explain How to Work the Product."