Hello list,

I've just come across this topic and saw the comment from Dov Isaacs, who
kindly provided a link to our Grafikhuset Publi PDF software, the successor to
the relatively aged, but quite popular Colour Chameleon software.

I have to add to Dovs comment that Grafikhuset Publi PDF have to have its
Optimizer module enabled to provide the functionality most Framemaker users
need (if they work with colored documents). Please see
<http://www.grafikhuset.net/publipdf/OptimizerPlugin.htm> for details. In most
cases Framemaker users should concentrate on the Color Optimizer part and
ignore the Media Optimizer part (depending on template design, but enabling
Media Optimizer will likely require significant changes to both design and
general workflow).

If you work with SPOT colors you might have special interest in the
"OptimizerAutoMergeSpotPlates" feature
(http://www.grafikhuset.net/publipdf/OptimizerPlugin.htm#OptimizerAutoMergeSpotPlates),
 which may be worth an extra study.

Dov mention the RGB limitation on Windows. If you want to know more about this
issue you might find my "Difficult PDF documents in prepress" article
interesting
(http://www.grafikhuset.net/international/technology/whitepapers_pdfstuff_workingwithpdf.htm).

Finally, I have to add that Grafikhuset provide a 30-day live *client* edition
for download (http://www.grafikhuset.net/PubliPDF/download.htm). Feel free to
use and test it in sharp production for as long as it lives.

All the best
Jacob Sch?ffer
Author of Grafikhuset Publi PDF