Daniel,

You wrote:

>  Is FrameMaker able to manage shared notes?
>
>What I didn't manage to get is a footnote refered to from many places
>within the text, looking like:

>Text texttext texttexttext texttexttexttext? texttexttexttexttext
>Text texttext? texttexttext texttexttexttext texttexttexttexttext
>________
>1.  level 1 note (notes from the author)

Multiple references to the same footnote can be handled through
cross-references, pointing to the specific footnote. The cross-reference
retrieves the number and formats it as a superscript number (format such as
<superscript><$paranumonly>  where <superscript> is a character format).

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://www.microtype.com * ToolbarPlus Express for FrameMaker
FrameMaker/Acrobat training & consulting * FrameMaker-to-Acrobat
TimeSavers/Assistants