From: Whites <whitefam...@mac.com>
Subject: Re: OT: Tech Writers & Wikis
To: Diane Gaskill <dgcaller at earthlink.net>
Cc: Framers <framers at frameusers.com>

I've been asked before what I thought about wikis in a software
documentation environment. I suspect that the only reason
Anarchipedia works at all is because there exists a large population
of educated types who are willing to contribute and who are able to
do so because they are writing their entries on someone else's
nickel. Probably university souls who would otherwise be preparing
lectures or grading some of the few papers that students still claim
to write. Or maybe they are just avoiding their tedious chores.

I'm dubious that folks in most development environments have the
leisure to dawdle around in a wiki when they have their own workloads
to get through. Or am I misunderstanding the charm of a wiki? It
sounds like a mechanism to convince other people to do my work.

will white

On Mar 18, 2007, at 5:51 PM, Diane Gaskill wrote:

> I am writing a white paper for my class, and I'm searching for writers
> that use wikis.

Finding fabulous fares is fun.
bargains.