Hi everyone,

I have a series of user guides where the first few chapters typically include a
tutorial, and the rest of the guide includes reference information (like for
each option on each screen, that type of thing). So the first section and the
last part may have overlapping topics, where in the first section it's more of
a how-to approach, and in the last, it just tells you what it does.

What I want to do is reflect this elegantly in the index, perhaps by having one
type of reference in italics, and the standard references (to the reference
section of the guide) in normal type. Currently I have a bit of a cumbersome
approach, where in the actual index entries I just put the word (tutorial) into
the ref.

So what I want is tha instead of having this type of thing:

Distribution Rules
  creating new distribution rules, 345
  creating new distribution rules (tutorial), 47

to have something like

Distribution Rules
   creating new distribution rules, 47, 345

(where the 47 is in italics, not sure if that'll come through when I send this
email).

Then, in my How to Use this Guide section, I'd just have to say once that the
italics indicate references to the tutorial sections.

thanks!

Kevin

Kevin Hunter
ExcelSystems Software Development, Inc.