Kenneth Benson (kbenson at pegtype.com) suggested (in part):
> For Frame 8 (I don't have it yet) you *might* be able to disallow breaks
> at slashes and then selectively re-allow breaks at slashes by following
> the slash with a zero width space (U+200B, I don't know how to get one
> except by copying it from Character Map). This doesn't work in Frame 7.2
> (because 7.2 is not Unicode-aware).
This approach might also work with thin spaces in older versions of
FrameMaker, which are not zero width but are unnoticeablke to at least
98% of readers. But I must admit that I've never tested to see if
FrameMaker does indeed break lines after thin spaces, and it's too
late in the evening to trust the results if I try it now. :^)

Fred Ridder

Climb to the top of the charts!? Play Star Shuffle:? the word scramble
challenge with star power.