Hi,

Our translation agency uses Trados, which cannot
handle FM 8 files yet. Therefore I converted everything
to FM 7 MIF files (new option in Save As). When I got
the files back, I noticed that the dashes which I defined
in the paragraph numbering to mark the list items are
exchanged by: '??
In FM 7 in the paragraph designer I had: \t\=\t
  (it's a second level list).
In the FM 8 binary file this was changed to: \t-\t
  In the file the dash is displayed correctly.
When I open a MIF 7.0 file this was changed to: \t'??\t
  (paragraph designer)
In the FM file of this MIF 7.0 file the numbering is
  displayed as: square??tab
  (the square is here a character which FM cannot display)

We use Univers (non-Unicode). And that's probably the
reason. But still FM should not convert the dash.

This is no problem with MIF 8.0 files. FM 8 opened
also FM 7 binary files with this list numbering correctly.

Best regards

Winfried