Diane,

on the reference page of the document, you should find a small,
otherwise empty frame named "TableFootnote" (spacing and capitalization
is critical).  If it does not exist, create one using the "frame'
drawing tool.

You can adjust the height or width of this frame, use it to hold an
image for a ruling line above your table footnotes (typically a simple,
solid line but certainly can be more creative than that if desired),
etc.

As for the possible bug, I don't know as I do not use conditional rows
in tables, but I would expect others on this list to have appropriate
experience and information.

On Monday, October 29, 2007 10:21 AM, Diane Schaefer wrote:

| Hello,
|
| I have several tables in my document that contain footnotes, and I
| haven't been able to figure out .how to create a space between the
| table and the footnote so that the footnote doesn't touch the table.
| (I'm using FrameMaker 7.2.) Could someone please help me?
|
| Also, I noticed that one of my table footnotes consistently made my
| document crash when generating a PDF file and wondered whether this
| is a FrameMaker bug. The footnote in question was for a conditional
| row in the table and contained a cross-reference to another file
| (which isn't included in the document in question). I recreated the
| table, which contains several conditional rows, some of which also
| contain conditional text. The PDF generation crashed every time,
| until I deleted the footnote.
|
| TIA,
|
| Diane
|

| Diane Schaefer
| Senior Technical Writer
| Sandvine Technologies Ltd.
| dschaefer at sandvine.com
| tel. 972-2-540-090, ext. 125

- Lester
Lester C. Smalley              Email: lsmalley AT infocon DOT com
Information Consultants, Inc.  Phone: 302-239-2942 FAX: 302-239-1712
Yorklyn, DE  19736               Web: www.infocon.com