If you're not having them now, you're not likely to have them after
your upgrade; it doesn't have as much to do with Acrobat as it does
with Frame and the operating system's management of fonts.

But, just in passing, there's a reason that there have been a couple
of point releases. 7.2 is much more stable than 7.0...

Art

On 9/24/07, nancy carpenter <carpentn at genco.com> wrote:

> I noticed this response on the digest. I use Frame 7.0 and upgrading it
> will not happen any time soon.  I'd like to upgrade Acrobat to version 8.
> Will I have similar problems using Acrobat 8 with Frame 7.0?
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 20:56:24 -0400
> From: Alan Houser <arh at groupwellesley.com>
> Subject: Re: Adobe Acrobat 8
> To: Danny G Green <Danny.G.Green at noaa.gov>
> Cc: framers at lists.frameusers.com, Robert K Lane
>              <Robert.K.Lane at noaa.gov>
>
> Yes. I find that I need to regularly (every few days) delete
> c:\WINDOWS\system32\FNTCACHE.DAT and restart to avoid FrameMaker crashes
> and text drop-outs when generating PDF. (Windows XP, FM7.2 and 8,
> Acrobat 8 and Acrobat 3D).
>
> -Alan
>
> Danny G Green wrote:
> > In June there was a posting about Acrobat 8 dropping pages, text, and
> > words when produced from FrameMaker 7.2.  Is anyone still having
> > problems?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Danny Green
>
> Nancy Carpenter
> Lead Technical Writer
> GENCO Supply Chain Solutions
> 100 Papercraft Park
> Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15238

Art Campbell                                             art.campbell at
gmail.com
                             No disclaimers apply.
                                     DoD 358