MS Manual of Style for Technical Publications calls it several different terms, 
depending on the functionality. See Dialog Boxes and Property Sheets in the MS 

Rene L. Stephenson

----- Original Message ----
From: "Flato, Gillian" <>
To: Framers List <framers at>
Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2008 1:24:29 PM
Subject: Menu name

Does anyone know what to call the type of menu where you click on the
plus sign and then the plus sign changes to the minus sign and the menu
displays below?

Thank you,

<mailto:gflato at> 

Gillian Flato

Technical Writer (Software)


1550 Buckeye Dr. 

Milpitas, CA. 95035


7  408.232.5911

* gflato at nanometrics <mailto:gflato at> .com
<blocked::mailto:v at> 


You are currently subscribed to Framers as rinnie1 at

Send list messages to framers at

To unsubscribe send a blank email to 
framers-unsubscribe at
or visit

Send administrative questions to listadmin at Visit for more resources and info.

Reply via email to