I started using FrameMaker on a Sun 3/50 (black and white screen!) in
Sun OpenLook back in 1988. The company tech writers used Interleaf, but
that was too expensive for us developers who were writing the internal
documentation.

I did not interact with any Frame users group or Usenet group that I can
recall, but I do remember getting help from a Frame employee, Sandy Knox
(I hope I have the name right), on a number of occasions.

Later in the early to mid nineties, I beta-tested FrameMaker 4 or 5 on a
Windows system - worked with one of the QA people at Frame, Susan
Di-Tullio, to get them the feedback.

I only joined the Frame Users group recently, so I am a newbie in that
regard! :)