From: framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of
maxwell.hoffmann
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 12:46 PM
To: framers at lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Question about applying and removing character tags in FM6.0

I have a basic, really dumb question about character tags.  (Think I
know the answer, but need to check.)

If I apply a character tag for [Change Bars] to several paragraphs, (and
the char tag is defined all "as is" settings, except for change bar), is
there anyway to remove the character tag and not wipe out format
overrides (e.g  [bold] and [emphasis]) character tags on the sentence
level?

This is in unstructured FrameMaker, V6.0. I know that the traditional
way to get rid of a character tag is F8 or [Default Para Tag]. I am
checking to see if there is some way to remove just one tag and not
interfere with other format overrides. (I think the answer is there is
no way.)

Maxwell Hoffmann
Production Lead
Welocalize

Tel. 503.274.2211
Mob. 301.693.7728
Fax: 503.274.2611
www.welocalize.com <http://www.welocalize.com/>

http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/clint.owen%40craneae
rospace.com

We value your opinion!  How may we serve you better?
Please click the below survey link to tell us how we are doing.

http://www.craneae.com/surveys/satisfaction.htm

Your feedback is of the utmost importance to us! Thank you for your time!

Attention:
The information contained in this email message may be privileged and is
confidential information intended only for the use of the recipient, or any
employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient. Any
unauthorized use, distribution or copying of this information is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.

immediately and destroy the original message and all attachments from your
electronic files.

This email was scanned and cleared by MailMarshal.