From: framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Shmuel Wolfson
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2008 12:03 PM
To: Framers
Subject: Re: future of FrameMaker

Why do programs always have to "go" somewhere to be worth using? As long a
company supports it's products, tries to fix the bugs and is keeping up with
other tools of it's kind, there does not have to be a major overhaul in each
version. That's the myth that software companies like to perpetuate, in order
to give people reasons to keep upgrading to new versions. I think it's mostly
psychological.

Do you buy a new car every time the next year's model comes out with a few new
features?

Regards,
Shmuel Wolfson