Friends!  Countrymen!  Frame Users!

Good day to you from rainy southern Alabama!  Thank to you Texas,
Loiusiana and Mississippi (which is ALWAYS fun to type!) for sharing
this rain-making event!

On to the question ---

In my Introduction, I have three interrelated elements:

A.  a paragraph that lists all the chapters

B.  a table that lists all the chapters and their page blocks

C.  individual paragraphs to describe the content of each chapter

Sometime we use all the chapters, some times we don't.  So, if we are
writing a document and using only four of the five chapters, I have to
delete the chapter name from (A), the chapter name from (B), and the
chapter description paragraph(C).

Would it be possible, using cross-references, to generate (A) and (B)
by cross-referencing the headings for (C)?

I tried it, and when I deleted one of the paragraphs from (C),  the
chapter name in (A) and (B) also disappeared, but one of the other
chapter names duplicated itself.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Deirdre