Kelly wrote:

> Somehow I ended up with about 75 RGB colors added to my color
pulldown. I
> think it may have happened when I imported an RTF file. Not sure. Now
the
> problems is I can't get rid of them. I can't seem to delete them even
one
> at
> a time.
>

> I go to View>Color>Definitions, choose one of the colors (i.e. they
are all
> named like this: RGB 234,239,240), click Delete, click Done, and the
color
> never gets deleted.

Colors with names like that come from PNG graphics that are set to
"indexed colors" or "256 colors." Such graphics contain a defined
palette of (up to) 256 colors defined by their RGB values, and FM adds
those to its list of defined colors.

They're easy to get rid of once you replace the offending graphics. To
do that, simply convert them to 24-bit color ("true color"). True color
PNG files aren't that much bigger than the indexed color ones.

After all the indexed color files are gone, save the FM docs as MIF,
then open the MIF files, check the color definitions (the RGB colors
should be gone), and resave as FM.

HTH!
Richard

Richard G. Combs