No crashes here either (yet) and I made no other changes than
installing the hotfix.

Bodvar

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 6:42 PM, John Sgammato <jsgammato at imprivata.com> 
wrote:
> I uninstalled some other potential problems and now all is well - no
> more crashes today.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Art Campbell [mailto:art.campbell at gmail.com]
> Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2008 8:05 AM
> To: John Sgammato; FrameUsers List
> Subject: Re: Deleting fntcache.dat no longer necessary: Windows Hotfix
> nowavailable
>
> John,
> Have you tried uninstalling the fix yet, to compare? (No crashes here,
> yet, but I haven't put it on a production system yet.)
>
> Art
>
> On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 7:59 AM, John Sgammato <jsgammato at imprivata.com>
> wrote:
>> I downloaded and installed the XP file.
>> Since then FM has crashed three times. I never had that problem
> before.
>>
>> john
>>
>> ________________________________
>>
>> From: framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com on behalf of Art Campbell
>> Sent: Tue 7/8/2008 7:41 AM
>> To: Bodvar Bjorgvinsson; FrameUsers List
>> Subject: Re: Deleting fntcache.dat no longer necessary: Windows Hotfix
>
>> nowavailable
>>
>>
>>
>> When I downloaded from the site, you had to specify your OS, I assume
>> in order to get an OS-specific file. I think this is because it is an
>> expidited "hot" fix that isn't available for general release yet. But
>> I specified XP, and it gave me a file that installed fine.
>> 348411_ENU_i386_zip.exe at 715 K
>>
>> Art
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 7:30 AM, Bodvar Bjorgvinsson <bodvar at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>> Seems that this is only for Vista. That is the only option I get and
>>> the file I received was a Vista installation file. I even opened it
>>> using the "expand" function, but this showed only Windows 6.0 related
>
>>> files (mum and cab).  Is there a way to get this working on XP SP2?
>>>
>>> Bodvar Bjorgvinsson
>>
>> --
>> Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
>>  "... In my opinion, there's nothing in this world beats a '52 Vincent
>
>> and a redheaded girl." -- Richard Thompson  No disclaimers apply.
>>  DoD 358
>> _______________________________________________
>>
>>
>> You are currently subscribed to Framers as jsgammato at imprivata.com.
>>
>> Send list messages to framers at lists.frameusers.com.
>>
>> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
>> framers-unsubscribe at lists.frameusers.com
>> or visit
>> http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/jsgammato%40impriv
>> ata.com
>>
>> Send administrative questions to listadmin at frameusers.com. Visit
>> http://www.frameusers.com/ for more resources and info.
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
>  "... In my opinion, there's nothing in this world beats a '52 Vincent
> and a redheaded girl." -- Richard Thompson  No disclaimers apply.
>  DoD 358
> _______________________________________________
>
>
> You are currently subscribed to Framers as bodvar at gmail.com.
>
> Send list messages to framers at lists.frameusers.com.
>
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
> framers-unsubscribe at lists.frameusers.com
> or visit 
> http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/bodvar%40gmail.com
>
> Send administrative questions to listadmin at frameusers.com. Visit
> http://www.frameusers.com/ for more resources and info.
>



-- 
"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious."
 -- Edsel Murphy, dec.

Reply via email to