The only good argument I've seen for overrides as a normal way of
working is to control breaks across frames, columns, and pages, for a
particular round of publication. They can be removed in one operation
by importing a document's formats to itself, and choosing to remove
overrides. Before saving the result, verify by comparing the
before-and-after versions.

HTH

Regards,

Peter