Paul,

My HP 8710w notebook does NOT have a glossy screen! I believe that
the glossy screen is only available with the low resolution model,
i.e., 1680x1050 as opposed to 1920x1200. I have the high resolution
model.

You cannot directly connect a digital monitor to the 8710w. You must
use a docking station to get DVI anyway. I don't know if the 8710w with
the docking station and DVI supports DVI-D which is required for the
2560 x1600 resolution used by the 30" monitors. The 8710w now does come
with the options for NVIDIA Quadro FX 3600M graphics controller as
opposed to the NVIDIA 1600M graphics controller. I would suggest that
you contact HP for clarification of the DVI-D issue to support the
30" monitors. Personally, I don't have any dock for my 8710w and have
Never used it with any external monitors other than presentation
projectors which typically have very low resolution (1024x768).

        - Dov