Hi Martin,

thanks for your reply.  The main problem I'm facing is that our
authors are using a modified version of Word 2007.  Even though this
is a modified version which guides the author to use the appropriate
paragraph and character styles, it will still export docx documents.
So, in my situation the structuring process will not be a "one-shot"
operation, but an ongoing process.  Therefore, I am currently
investigating means to convert Word documents to structured contents,
and as we're using FrameMaker to prepare our publications for
printing, my thought was that the structuring of an unstructured
document might be a possible route.

thanks again,
--
cheers,