I have a document that has very long Figure Titles, but the author only
wants part of the title in the List of Figures when it is generated. Is
there a way to do this so I don?t have to do it manually every time I
generate the list.

For Example:

Example of Clutter Doppler Spectrum Computed from Original Lipa and Barrick
Code for a SWH of 6 ft from 35 Relative to the Radar Look Direction, Showing
that the Positive Doppler Peak Due to First-Order Bragg Scattering is Larger
in Amplitudes than the Negative Peak Due to Increased Wave Amplitudes
Propagating Towards the Radar

What should appear in the List of Figures: (Red text will not appear in the
List of Figures when generated)

Example of Clutter Doppler Spectrum Computed from Original Lipa and Barrick
Code for a SWH of 6 ft from 35 Relative to the Radar Look Direction, Showing
that the Positive Doppler Peak Due to First-Order Bragg Scattering is Larger
in Amplitudes than the Negative Peak Due to Increased Wave Amplitudes
Propagating Towards the Radar

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Brenda
Brenda L. Waltermeyer
Lead Desktop Publisher
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
National Security Technology Department
Visual Information, Editorial, and Web Services, STB-4 Section
Room 8-375
Phone: (443) 778-8748