Hi Everyone,I fixed it!
thanks for all of the useful suggestions. I finally removed the new 8.03
(8.0p276) patcher using add/remove programs and guess.. what everything
works once more! This is truly very odd as I thought that the new patch was
supposed to cure a lot of things. Anyway, i'm happy now as I have to finish
some 1700 pages of docs for tomorrow.
Thanks
 Mulholland