I think the salient question, Howard, may be this: From where are the Publisher
documents getting their content? After all, Publisher is a page-layout program,
and, unlike Frame, isn't really designed for both writing text and laying it
out in the same application. I know of few Publisher users who actually write
their content from within Publisher.

Publisher works quite smoothly with Word, and chances are that the content of
the Publisher files was written in Word or a similar application. If so,
obtaining the Word files avoids some of the steps previously discussed. The art
of preparing Word documents for Frame is, of course, a process in itself -- but
a search of the archives will give you some good resources for how to approach
it.

Similarly, those graphic files others have mentioned as embedded in Publisher
-- they had to come from somewhere. When I do a newsletter in Publisher, for
instance, I import my graphics from a folder where I've already done my
post-processing and stored the images.

Ideally, then, you'll be able to locate the original document(s) and graphics
files. If so, then your task of bringing them into Frame is much more
straightforward. Otherwise, you may have to turn to the plug-ins or copy-paste
routines aforementioned.

Don't be misled: No matter how you slice it, this is a time-consuming process.

It may be worth asking the client why this conversion is their intent. If it's
part of a massive conversion to Frame and there are legacy documents that will
be maintained in Frame going forward, it might make sense. But it's least worth
admitting that, without good reason, the conversion may not be worth it.

Then there's the question of playing to the strength of the tools. Frame is
great for long documents; but there are situations where Publisher is a very
viable solution. At the risk of rousing the sleeping MS bashers among us on
this quiet Friday afternoon, I'll say that after more than a decade of doing
newsletters, I'd much prefer to do a newsletter in Publisher than I would in
Frame. (And, yes, I know there are newsletter templates for Frame, and it's
possible to do decent-looking newsletters in Frame). If it were between
Publisher and Indy or Quark, that would be a different matter.

Jim