On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 2:29 PM, Van Boening, Tammy
<Tammy.VanBoening at chartercom.com> wrote:
> Hi Lin,
>
> I too have had this problem and there are a couple of solutions
>
> 1.) Can you capture the graphic again as a .png - even if it is a screen
> capture of the graphic itself - not of the source that led to the
> original screen capture?
> 2.) Do you have Snagit or some similar tool? If so, you can use SnagIt's
> catalog conversion functionality to convert the graphic to a .bmp then
> back to .png.

I used IrfanView to convert from PNG to GIF. I do have SnagIt, so I'll
try that, too. Won't converting to .bmp lose information, though? I
haven't tried recapturing the graphic. I'll try that. Probably by
opening the original in IrfanView and using SnagIt to do the capture!

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 2:30 PM, Art Campbell <art.campbell at gmail.com> wrote:
> First,
> What are you trying to accomplish with them on the master page? For
> most things, copying them in isn't a great solution; importing by
> reference is way better, but it depends on what you're trying to do.
>
> AND... the grey box is what happens when you're running out of RAM and
> Frame takes steps to prevent your system from crashing. But because
> you didn't provide any details about your system vitals, it's hard to
> tell.
>
> Art

I thought the grey box might be due to memory problems. Those grey
boxes showed up in the PDF files, though, so I'm wondering if more is
going on than just display problems?

Hardware specs are: AMD Athlon 2700+ (2.16 GHz) with 992 MB of RAM.
I'd gripe, but I think we're getting new boxes soon with more memory.
Which is good, since I tend to have about 20 or so windows open on 2
screens at any one time.

The master page in question is the cover page for the documents I
produce. There are two graphics on it: a large one with the product
logo and a smaller one acting as a company/bottom border. Copying them
in means I don't have to reimport every time I create a new document
in a new directory. They aren't changing, so I gain nothing by
importing by reference.

Lin

--
Lin Sims