Michael B?hme wrote:
> Hallo,
> I have a Problem which has hopefully an easy solution. I try to make
> Hyperlinks to open an other PDF on my harddisk.
>
> I write:
> message openfile "W:\Schadstoffliteratur\Dioxine\Attempt to establish
> benchmarks for Dioxins.pdf"
>
> Than Framemaker convert this  to:
> message openfile "W:\Schadstoffliteratur?ioxine\Attempt to establish
> benchmarks for Dioxins.pdf"
>
> Looking in the MIF I see the following:
> <MText `message openfile "W:\\Schadstoffliteratur???ioxine\\Attempt to
> establish benchmarks for Dioxins.pdf"'>
>
> The resulting Link does not work, of course. When I repair the link in the
> MIF manually, open it in FM, print to PDF, it works fine:
> <MText `message openfile "W:\\ElbeSchadstoffliteratur\\Dioxine\\Attempt to
> establish benchmarks for Dioxins.pdf"'>
>
> But I may not touch the Link in Framemaker again. I want to make hundreds of
> similar Links, so I am looking for a solution.
>
> How to prevent Framemaker changing the Link?
>
> Michael
> FM 8.0p277

Your question was answered two days ago by Rick Quatro (atta boy, Rick!):

Hi Richard,

Use forward slashes instead of backslashes in the Hypertext markers.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc
585-659-8267
www.frameexpert.com

 > Win XP SP2, P4 Extreme Ed. 3.46GHz + 3.47GHz 2GB, FM 8.0p277
 >

 > Thanks to Rick Quattro, I am now aware of the backslash issue in dialog
 > boxes and have a workaround within scripts. However, I need to create an
 > hypertext command and do not know how to work around this issue. The
 > hypertext command ?openlink
 > D:\Docs\Products\CARDIO\DAR-9400f\M517-E063L-E099D_DAR-9400f Ops
 > Manuals_v3.0\D90+94_02-Overview.fm:2 998348? becomes ?openlink
 > D:?ocs\Products\CARDIO?AR-9400f\sm517-E063L-E099D_DAR-9400f Ops
 > Manuals_v3.0?90+94_02-Overview.fm:2 998348? where ?\D? becomes ???
and  ?\M?

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

"The great enemy of clear language is insincerity. When there is a gap
between one's real and one's declared aims, one turns as it were
instinctively to long words and exhausted idioms, like a cuttlefish
squirting out ink."

? George Orwell