Fei Min,

You wrote:

>... We recently had to do a repair on the Adobe PDF print driver on the
>build machine. Would that have had an effect on the security setting?
>
>If we can't find the source of the change, does anyone have any
>suggestions as to how we can make sure we have the right security
>settings when we produce the manuals on the build machine using the
>scripts? We have Timesavers, in case that will help.

I have no access to Distiller 6 at the moment, but you should be able to
specify security settings in Distiller (that will apply to all PDFs created):

In Distiller, choose Settings > Security (the options you see/set vary
depending on the Acrobat version compatibility set in your current
Distiller settings).

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://www.microtype.com
FrameMaker/Acrobat training & consulting * FM-to-Acrobat TimeSavers/Assistants