Thanks Art,

I'll give it a try (as you described).

-- Kenpo

________________________________
From: Art Campbell <art.campb...@gmail.com>
To: Ken Poshedly <poshedly at bellsouth.net>
Cc: FrameMaker Users List <framers at lists.frameusers.com>
Sent: Tue, December 1, 2009 2:36:09 PM
Subject: Re: global header change?

First, as you discovered, product names (and company names, I think) should
always be variables.
Second, to update, just update one chapter of the book with the correct
information (you may as well set it up as a variable too) so that the header is
correct on the master page, save the file, then at the book level select all
the component files that should match and Import Formats from your golden file.
You should only have to do Variables and Master Pages.

Save, update, and you're done.

? ? ? ?art.campbell at gmail.com
?"... In my opinion, there's nothing in this world beats a '52 Vincent and a
redheaded girl." -- Richard Thompson
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?No disclaimers apply.

Argghhhh!