Your heading 1 should have the numbering stream set as follows:

H:<n+>< =0>< =0>

This increments your heading 1 and sets following heading 2 and heading
3 to zero.

heading 2:

heading 3:

You should have a leading paragraph in each chapter that resets your
numbering stream to zero. This could be the chapter heading which should
look something like:

The number stream identifier is H: but could be any captial letter.

Scott